Since we opened in 1999, we have always been keen to deliver Great Service, Quality Food & Value for Money Prices to all our customers.
When visiting Sara’s Tearooms on Great Yarmouth’s seafront, you will be greeted by a friendly, professional and customer focused team, leaving you to relax and enjoy your food and drink in our award winning tearoom gardens or on our beach terrace.
Re-Open for 2021
We’re back with our same great food, just doing things slightly differently again to keep you as safe as possible.
We’re pleased to once again be back in the kitchen cooking up a range of delicious eats and treats for all. As we’re sure will be expected in these times of Covid-19, things will be somewhat different at Sara’s Tearooms.
With staff and customer safety at the forefront of our reopening plans, the following changes have been made:
- A one-way system will be in place to enable you to place your at the counter; the one way system will enter from beach side and exit from a side door into the gardens area
- Equipped with perspex screens, our counter will be operating an ‘Order and Collect’ process for all food & drink orders
- Outdoor socially distanced tables have been made available in our specially extended gardens area and on the beach side of our business
- In case of inclement weather, a small number of tables are available under cover on beach side and in a new gazebo area in our gardens
- From 17th May at the earliest, we will reopen our indoor dining areas, but our capacity inside will be restricted as all tables have been carefully placed to ensure you are socially distanced.
- In line with government requirement for hospitality businesses, we expect that all diners will need to either check in via the Covid-19 app or provide their contact details to enable them to use these indoor tables
- We’re operating with a reduced menu whilst we’re adapting to what will be the new normal
- All our menus will be printed on paper, making them single use to reduce contact points (our menu will be made available here and online soon)
- All food and drink orders will be served in quality disposable packaging or containers to reduce the risk of cross contamination
- Our toilet facilities will remain open, but will require socially distanced queueing and use
- Hand sanitiser is available in our indoor and outdoor areas
- Behind the scenes we’ve adapted our working practises and enhanced our cleaning regime across the business
We hope that our plans and actions help build your confidence that we are doing all we can to be as safe as possible despite Covid-19 remaining a very real risk to us all. We totally understand that our new normal will not be the same as before, and at times, (especially when it rains) these changes will not be convenient for everyone, but we remain committed to the health of our customers and staff – putting them first with these changes. We appreciate your patience while we get used the new normal.
Thank you for reading this update and we look forward to welcoming you back at Sara’s Tearooms sometime in the near future.
When we say ‘Homemade’, our food is exactly that…home made by us!
At Sara’s Tearooms, we make our Homemade Specials and Cakes on a daily basis to keep the meals and cakes fresh and the quality high. No packets, no mixes bought in, just fresh raw ingredients used in traditional recipes that are cooked in the Tearooms kitchen by Sara herself.
TripAdvisor Hall of Fame – 10 times Certificate of Excellence winners
Awarded 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
5 Star Food Hygiene Rating
Awarded by Great Yarmouth Environmental Health Team in 2014, 2016 & 2019
‘Cafe Tea Room of the Year 2013’
Awarded by the Greater Yarmouth Tourist Authority at their 2014 Tourism Awards, June 2014